Music is sometimes definitely seasonal, even though I play some of these songs year-round. They definitely put me in the mood for summer.
1. "One of the Boys" by Katy Perry
Starting off strong, "One of the Boys" by Katy Perry. This album is so fun! The album's leading force is pop, with layers of pop rock. For the last two days, I've been playing this album. I forgot how much I enjoyed these tracks. From her big hits at the time, "I Kissed a Girl" and, of course, "Hot n Cold". And one of my personal favorites. Recently, the track "Thinking of You" has experienced a resurgence on social media. So many hidden gems. I honestly missed this era.
2. Midnight Sun + Remix by Zara Larsson
The song, the video, the era. Midnight Sun is truly so perfect for summertime. Zara Larsson's whole album gives you the vibe, to be honest. But it's something about this song; even the remix with Muni Long is so good. I'm happy she actually remixed it, giving it a new life. Don't even get me started on her acoustic version of this song. She meant it when she said summer isn't over yet!
3. SHE DID IT AGAIN by Tyla ft Zara Larsson
The moment you hear this song, it's so catchy and makes you want to move. Of course, our girl Zara is featured on this list twice. This song really makes me feel so fly! I need to hear this at least once on the dance floor this summer!
4. A Year Without Rain by Selena Gomez & The Scene
Honestly, one of the most iconic bands (it counts) ever! I had the CD this song was on. I've been getting nostalgic lately with the music I've been listening to. Can you tell I miss 2000s pop? I'm also gonna add the song "Hit The Lights". I mean, come on! The girls just aren't making this kind of music anymore.
5. Got Me Good by Ciara
I love this song; I love the live performance of it even more. I recently watched the music video, and the scenery alone gives summer. A desert video is a must when you're a pop star, to be honest. I know Ciara's R&B heavy hitters are usually everyone's favorite, but we definitely need to talk about her pop run. Another one is "Read My Lips". Such a fun, catchy song. Wish her pop records got more love. Her self-titled album explores a lot of pop in a tasteful way.
6. Whoa Oh! (Me vs. Everyone) by Forever the Sickest Kids ft Selena Gomez
This pop-punk record is so fun and makes me miss this sound. Hate to be the person who constantly feels like they don't make music like they used to...but I do miss it lol
7. Psycho Killer cover by The Wrecks
Okay, I absolutely listen to the original; right now, recently I've been listening to their cover. It's actually really good. They feature this song in horror camp-themed movies.
8. Rock the Boat by Aaliyah
I am a huge Aaliyah fan; this song has been on every summer playlist. Very sexy song; I had no clue what I was singing about when I was younger. I recently learned the dance routine to this song (lol). Rest, babygirl, peacefully.
9. Malibu by Miley Cyrus
Do I even have to explain.... this song instantly transports you. I want to spend a summer in Malibu. Who's got a beach house I can use?
10. All I Do by Stevie Wonder
Since I was a child, this song has made me feel so good. No matter how I'm feeling. I thought this was the perfect song to end the list.
A lot of these songs may seem really random together, and honestly, they are. In some way, they all put me in a good mood for summer.
Honorable mentions because I don't want this to be too long: "Sandcastle Disco" by Solange, "Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae, the Teenage Dream album by Katy Perry, "Island In The Sun" by Weezer, "Can We Dance" by The Vamps.

.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

the spring breakers gif is very satisfying to me i'm very pleased to see it,,
ReplyDeletelove that movie lol
Deletewoah you have good taste
ReplyDeleteThank youuuu!!!
DeleteSista you need to listen to the whole Apop album it’s tea! And petal by Ariana is teaaa
ReplyDeletewiil do!!
Deleteomg yes all these albums are incredible. Just a fair warning when you get to thinking of you on "one of the boys" you might cry.
ReplyDeleteoehh thanks for the heads up lol !!
Delete