Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Why Every Girl Should Have A Bandage Dress In Their Closet



The Perfect Dress For A Night Out Already Exists! The Bandage Dress


Azzedine Alaïa 1986

It's one of those nights: you don't know what to wear, You're already running late, and it's no longer free to get into the club after 11. The only smart option is the Bandage Dress you've been hiding in the back of your closet. Every girl needs one for nights like this. Designed by Azzedine Alaïa. It became popular among models. Further developed by Hervé Léger. He introduced his own version in the 90s. The body-hugging silhouette has evolved into more club attire. The rise of celebrity culture has definitely shaped this.

Beyoncé, 2009, in Japan during the promotion tour

No matter who you are, the dress 100% looks good on everybody. It's versatile for so many events. It's an instant outfit: date night, clubbing, birthday party, or red carpet. I've even seen women wear it to their college graduations. Definitely doing the same for mine. Wherever you choose to wear this bodycon piece, your outfit will be remembered. I know you're probably like, "But isn't it trendy?" That's not necessarily a bad thing! This silhouette dress has been around since the 80s. It's being introduced to a new generation, but it isn't new. So yes, the bandage dress is trendy again. But honestly? Who cares?



 You don't have to break the bank to buy one. You can find them online on eBay, Depop, The RealReal, and other secondhand websites. I've seen some priced at $50 or less. House of CB has entered the game. To be honest, though, I don't know if the price is worth it. Whatever budget you're working with, you can find one. I have a trip to New York in a couple of weeks. So I've been doing some shopping on ThredUp. I purchased two of my very own bandage dresses. One is a tan, creamy color, and the other is basic black. I can't wait to update you guys when I get some pictures in them. They aren't Hervé Léger, but I got them both for less than $20.


So yes, I think every girl needs a bandage dress in her closet. And considering I now own two, I guess I'm practicing what I preach. Now I just need somewhere in New York to wear them.





9 comments:

  1. okay I'm convinced. hopping on vinted EXPEDITIOUSLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I promise your going to find something you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok lowkey i cannot get behind this HAHHHA i love bandage dresses on others but i feel like if i wore one it would just seem wrong... i luuuvvv the silhouette on others and the girls in LA wear it doownn but i'm too "alternative" for this kind of bodycon designer dress. i do like tyra's dress you put in here tho......... i digress maybe ur right and im just trying to convince myself it doesn't work. lot's to think about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd absolutely rockkkk these dresses, but please, only do what's comfortable for you and you only! Much love.

      Delete
    2. i've def seen alt girls rock these types of dresses , whatever you decided sure your going to look great periodd<33

      Delete
  4. ALWAYS HAVE A FREAKUM DRESS, LADIES!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i literally need a yellow one right now even

    ReplyDelete
  6. yesss i saw a cute one on the house of cb pagee, i want to thrift it

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Diva Update

 Wassup everyone, I know it’s been a minute since an update. I’ve finally returned from NYFW, so my next post will be everything I did, with...