Friday, August 7, 2026

CATM: Keep Calm and Bring Back 2016!

 



Keep Calm And Bring Back 2014-2016! I'm old enough now!

Thinking about that youtube/tumblr 2014/2016 era. Honestly, I miss it so much! How saturated the videos were, bright and just so carefree. Don't even get me started on the DIYs (I'm talking about you, laurdiy). I was a huge YouTube preteen, then a teen, and now an adult. Seeing how much YouTube has changed now is a little sad. Also makes me wonder: was it just because I was basically a kid watching it?


For the past couple of days, I've been watching Niki and Gabi, Alisha Marie, Teala Dunn, and so many favs who made that time so great! So I can tell you, whatever was in the water back then was absolutely 10x better. I wonder if the change is mostly because of short-form content. Anyway, collab videos and channels were my favorite videos. I was in a really brief collab channel on YouTube when I was younger. I don't remember the name of the channel. And I don't know how to find the channel. That's the story of my really short-lived YouTube career.


The DIY room decor, from the tie-dyed shorts. I somehow bought my own tapestry and fairy lights with no job during this time. (Honestly thinking about bringing them back) My room could use some more pop right now! Looking back at the Tumblr decor videos, everything was so much fun, also sometimes random lol. Everything was floral or galaxy print. With the slogan "Keep Calm..." Slapped on everything.




The Makeup! I mean baddie makeup is definitely what I'm trying to master learning right now! The very defined eyebrows, bold lip with extra extra extraaa highlight! With a nasty smoky eye. The makeup tutorials during this time seemed so straight to the point.

This was a quick rundown of some of my favorite things from 2014-2016. Let me know what your favorite things were during this time. I'll be releasing a playlist of some of my favorite tracks during this era soon lol. If you made it this far, thanks so much for reading.


Up top is a picture from my guestbook. I decided to upload a short video of my thrift haul from my trip to Chicago. I'm sure I'll get better at filming; my name is divapunk4ever, but I hope you enjoy! I miss 2014/2016 lol, so I want to make a collab video with someone. Don't know how I'm gonna pull that off. But go check out my YouTube video, please!!

Link to my new video! : rockstar gf thrifiting haul

If you have a channel, let me know! I need more girlbloggers to subscribe to!

4 comments:

Featured post

  Currently At The Moment I'm getting ready for work, imagining a life I hope to soon have. Also, can I just say how good The Scream TV ...